The most tedious part of the summer basketball season is the administrative steps required of players to participate in the NCAA college-viewing tournaments. We have outlined the requirements below, and included detailed steps of each part.
- Register with 90TEN for the upcoming season – (here)
- Pay the deposit/season fee that covers tournament entry, facility rental, coaching fees, and administrative costs.
- Create/Renew an NCAA Athlete Account with Basketball Certification System (BBCS)
- Book hotel/flights if traveling out of state
NCAA Athlete Account
This is tedious, but REQUIRED for summer tournaments. Your athlete must have an athlete profile in the the NCAA system. After you create or update your profile, 90TEN will add you to our virtual bench. Then you will receive an email with a notification to accept/reject that addition to bench. You must accept the invitation to our bench and then we will create the mandatory roster.
Here is the simplified version of the steps that need to happen by you/your athlete:
- Navigate to the NCAA website (https://web3.ncaa.org/)
- Register for a free profile as a new user or update your old profile; and
- Enter address, contact information, etc.
- Login to email account that you used for your profile; and
- Click the link to confirm registration; and
- Watch a short video
- Basic information tab
- My Course information tab
- Click hyperlink for each course
- Return to profile; AND
- Certify you took the course; and
Completion of educational course is required before I can add you to our 90TEN BENCH or your TEAM ROSTER for participation.
- Update school information tab; and
- Click SAVE; then
We will add you to the 90TEN bench (manual process) and you will receive an email notification. Then you have a few required steps:
- Login and accept the invitation on the My Teams tab
Here are the full detailed instructions: http://files.constantcontact.com/3b6da980401/a9a2b55b-f869-48ec-b12d-b29bcebe4192.pdf