90TEN was established in 2009 in Tumwater, WA as an Amateur Athletics Union (AAU) girls’ basketball program with the intention to provide a place where athletes could learn to believe in themselves and their potential through the platform of basketball. 90TEN’s mission is to empower young athletes to learn the skills necessary to achieve their goals, and learn the mental toughness it takes to get there.
90TEN’s first establishment was a 300SQ FT office in 2009 where Sports Psychology Training Skills were taught to athletes to assist in the taking their game to the next level through the learning of various mental Skills strategies. One year later 90TEN expanded our services as well as facility and included Sports Strength and Fitness Training.
90TEN Training Academy receives 501(c)(3) status and is recognized as a Washington State non-profit organization in 2013.
In January 2014, our complete Training Academy was built and includes: Full size basketball court, Full Fitness Gym, Nutritional education and mental Skills Training. We also expanded to include an AAU boys’ basketball program in 2014.
We moved into our River Road training facility in 2015.
What We Do
- 90TEN staff provide a variety of services, including:
- Professional personal fitness training
- Athletic training
- Mental skills training
- Youth basketball camps
- Basketball clinics
- Boys and girls basketball teams
Who We Are
Led by Robin Johnson, a well-respected coach and former collegiate-level player, 90TEN’s competitive strengths include:
- A strong coaching staff who have played collegiate-level basketball and/or have a passion and art for coaching youth
- Lead coaches certified in various training methods and NCAA Gold Coach Certification
- Volunteers who use their professional background experience in operations and fundraising to help make 90TEN successful
- Competitive teams known throughout the country for elite level of play and NCAA affiliation